Your Beverage-alcohol Licensing Guide
At The Danow Group, we are your guide through the labyrinth of laws and regulations governing the alcoholic-beverage industry, offering comprehensive legal support for all aspects of beverage-alcohol licensing. For decades, we have successfully assisted our clients as they navigated the complex and ever-evolving regulatory landscape. We assist businesses in obtaining, maintaining, and amending their licenses. Our experience spans a wide range of industry segments, ensuring that each of our clients receive tailored solutions to meet their specific needs.
- SUPPLIERS AND MANUFACTURERS: For importers, wineries, breweries, distilleries, and other manufacturers, we provide practical guidance on state and federal licensing. Our services encompass navigating the intricate requirements of federal agencies, including the TTB, FDA, USDA, and CBP. We also assist clients in securing state licenses, including manufacturing licenses, out-of-state supplier permits and registrations, direct-shipping permits, marketing and storage permits, and more. We also help our clients understand distribution agreements and state beverage-alcohol franchise issues.
- CRAFT MANUFACTURERS: Craft and farm breweries, wineries, cideries, and distilleries enjoy unique licensing privileges across the country. We assist our clients with both the manufacturing and retail aspects of licensing, as well as helping them understand how to maximize the benefits and privileges of each license.
- DISTRIBUTORS: We work with distributors to obtain the necessary licenses and permits for the lawful storage, distribution, and wholesaling of beverage alcohol. Our team understands the interdependent network of federal, state, and local regulations that govern the distribution sector. We assist clients in understanding these complexities and choosing the licensing structure that best achieves their goals. We also work with our clients to develop distribution agreements to help maximize the benefits of their efforts.
- RETAILERS: Our legal team collaborates closely with retailers, including restaurants and bars, grocery stores, wine and liquor stores, hotels, clubs, event venues, cruise companies, and stadia and arenas, to streamline the licensing process and maintain compliance. Whether it’s applying for initial licenses, renewals, or making changes, we provide strategic counsel and guidance throughout the entire process. In addition, we assist larger venues who wish to take advantage of sponsorship opportunities without violating tied-house laws.
- EVENTS AND SPECIAL PERMITS: We assist businesses seeking to host events with alcohol consumption in acquiring special event permits, catering permits, auction permits, charitable permits and the like. We help clients obtain the necessary permissions to make their events a success.
- LICENSE TRANSFERS AND AMENDMENTS: We guide clients through the complexities of license transfers and amendments, helping to smooth transitions during changes in business ownership and investment structures, alterations, and changes to methods of operation and license classes. Our experience and attention to detail guide these critical processes for our clients.
Multi-state Beverage-alcohol Licensing
With our extensive experience in beverage-alcohol licensing and an expansive professional network across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., we provide clients with the advantage of a nationwide perspective. Working with local counsel where appropriate, we can explain the nuances in each jurisdiction and facilitate expansion and compliance on a multi-state level.
Compliance And Beverage-alcohol Licensing Strategy
Our deep industry knowledge allows us to help clients develop strategic plans to achieve specific licensing and compliance objectives. We take a proactive approach to anticipate regulatory changes and help clients adapt their licensing strategies accordingly.